I have seen this challenge going around and checked out Caffeinated Reviewer for the details. I always listen to an audiobook before bed, on the way to work, on walks etc., so this 2019 challenge seems right up my alley! Plus, with the discovery of the 1.5x reading rate option on Audible, I plan to put down some books this year.
Here are the details:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
Setting a goal for at least somewhere between Socially Awkward and Binge Listener. You can sign-up for the challenge by clicking here. I’d love to hear some other people’s goals and have a little competition. Competition always helps to drive me.